The Purple pillow could be a complete game changer when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. What’s amazing about beds and their affiliated products is that too many of us simply look for the best deals when it comes to mattresses and pillows. But did you know that the average person spends nearly 1/3 of their entire life on a bed? With that knowledge you might take things a little more seriously. And that’s what The Purple Pillow is trying to do. It seems to be catching on, too.
The design is currently on Kickstarter with an original pledge goal of $25,000 but the product has already raised close to $700,000 with nearly a month to go.
How does it work?
According to their website:
- Purple’s patented Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ (the stretchy purple stuff) is organized in hundreds of little triangles. Unlike most pillows that might go flat and lose shape, the triangles give the core of the pillow lateral strength so it retains its oh-so supportive, head-cradling comfort all night. You never have to readjust or fluff, and your head doesn’t sink or shift. SCIENCE!
- Purple includes an adjustable air booster if you want to add a little extra height to your pillow. This is great for side sleepers and snorers, making the Purple® Pillow perfect for just about anyone.
- The Purple® Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ and air booster fit perfectly inside a super soft cover. The cover is made from bamboo and polyester to make it gentle on your face, as well as spandex so your head can sink into the squishy Purple goodness.
What most people don’t know is that the head has a specific set of needs
- Your head needs to be supported and comfortable
- Your shoulder needs some strain relief
- Your neck needs gentle, yet firm support
- You need breathability so your head stays cool all night
- You need a pillow that keeps its shape so you aren’t waking up and readjusting
The makers of The Purple Pillow are on to something. They argue that most pillows are not made of the best materials and if this is the only pillow you’ll ever need for years then you’d probably anti up for one. Funny thing is, it’s not crazy expensive. If you go to a retail store there are some “fancy” pillows that are half the quality that are usually over $50. The Purple Pillow can be purchased for $69. And yes, these guys have a Purple Bed which is moderately priced as well. In fact the bed was their original product and had such a good response that the founders went to work on the pillow right away. A queen sized bed will run you $999 which is highly competitive with major brands like Simmons or Serta.
Here’s a video to show you all the details you need (with a little humor mixed in)